“Shine with all you have. When someone tries to blow you out, just take their oxygen and burn brighter.” – Katelyn S. Irons
Karuka is a derivative from the Swahili word, “Kuruka“, which means to fly. When I chose the name for this blog, I had no idea of the meaning it would have months down the line… 2017 is all about letting go of the “safety net” and just DOING. Or… “flying”.
More embracing of life. Less planning (which is really challenging for my A-type personality!).
Some things about me:
- I’m a newbie vegan. Sometimes I fail at it, but it’s all a learning curve and I plan to document my foodie journey here in the hopes of inspiring others to eat more consciously and adopt a healthier eating lifestyle.
- I’m also a newbie Christian, since last November. This in itself is an entirely new journey for me – I don’t even know where to start reading the bible. I plan to share some of my experiences here, too.
- I’m a digital creative. I love to write, but I also love to create visual images.
- I’m an INFJ and an outgoing introvert, which basically means that my energy levels are tied to my environment.
- I’m obsessed with travel. I loved the business and different cultures in New York, the chilled vibe in California, the craziness of Las Vegas, the paradise feel of Plettenberg Bay, the country vibes of Swellendam and Montagu. I browse flight prices for fun and regularly check out little gem spots or cozy cabins for that next big adventure or mini getaway.
When I’m not writing, I’m daydreaming about a holiday, scrolling my Instagram feed, hiking up a mountain, visiting a wine farm, or binge-watching a new series.